Lefkada ionian island greece
In the heart of Ionian islands. 30 km North to South and 12 km from West to East. Highest point, 1182 meters.
A wild and preserved nature of an exceptional variety:
Deep bays bathed by crystalline water, creeks and small pebble beaches. Famous for them fishes and lobsters restaurants.
Great beaches among most beautiful of all Greece. Kilometers of turquoise water along the cliffs. For most courageous, a few minutes of walk make it possible to reach almost deserted beaches even in August.
Wild, great sand beach with its windmills.
The most tourist with its small fishing ports and hotels.
Then there is the interior of the island
Villages with hillside, olive groves several times centenaires, isolated monasteries, nested in superb landscapes.
The island is inhabited by a population remained authentic. You will discover certainly a villager riding his donkey or a shepherdess and her ewes.
The population is relaxed and very welcoming.
Képhalonia, Ithaca and Méganissi are accessible by boat. Count on 20 minutes to 1h30 for crossing.
More remote excursions
They will allow you to visit prestigious sites:
- To 50 km Nicopolis (the city of the victory) the vestiges of the Roman city (9OO hectares) abound on several kilometers.
- To 140 km Ioanina and the ancient city of Dodone. The oldest sanctuary devoted to Zeus (350 years before JC) in a small idyllic calm valley.
- To 260 km Meteores. Monasteries perched on rock pitons. The current buildings date from the XIV and XV centuries.
- To 300 km Delphes. Temples of Apollo and Athéna. The theatre, the stage and a very rich museum. (VII century before JC)
- To 420 km Athens: Acropolis, the Pantheon, Erechthéion, Propylée, etc, many museums